Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.

This RP has been closed! There's a new one: The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

Share | 

A day's work in Training.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jang Mi

Character Sheet
Position: Ba Sing Se, Earth Capital
Nation: Earth Kingdom
PostSubject: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Jang Mi arrived at the training grounds, back where her new master said to meet. Her horse was tired, as was she, having to wake up so early in the morning in order to get here on time. It's a big day though, a big day... she thought to herself. It's definately going to be worth it..

She dismounted upon seeing General Yu, and her horse fell asleep almost instantly, still standing. Well, at least he got to sleep.

"Morning, Master." She greeted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Yu

Character Sheet
Position: General
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 pm

He had Finally not been tired today, His apprentice should have been arriving soon so he had, had to be prepared. He wore no shirt, He only wore his brown Earth Kingdom Pants and of course no shoes as always.

He Walked into the middle of the Giant Training Area, Greeting his student as she unmounted her horse and greeted him respectfully''Good Morning Apprentice''He paused then stepped back from her a few inches I hope your ready'.

''Today we are going to practice the simple earth levitation,: The most common attack involves levitating nearby pieces of earth and stone of numerous sizes more powerful benders can move larger masses and propelling them at foes with punching or kicking motions.''

He raised his Right hand towards the ground balling his hand into a fist, As A small boulder rose from the ground floating before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jang Mi

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, the General was certainly ready for business. Jang Mi only had a casual shirt on shorts, typical for a day at the market. Well, in any case, there was always tomorrow. She didn’t even bring a hair tie though.

Ah… that technique again. The one that had almost totalled Jang Mi last time. Well no wonder she couldn’t do it before, she was doing all the hand movements wrong.

“Ok. So…” Jang Mi copied his movements, clenching her hand, and slowly rising it from the ground. Lo and behold, a boulder appeared. Small than the general’s, but it was there. First time’s the charm. Never could she have done that before…

“HA! I did it! Success!” Jang Mi yelled, with a little more enthusiasm than usual. As she did so, she punched her fist into the air. As the did that, the boulder followed the same direction. It flew into the air, hovered over her for a moment, then started freefalling back down again. “Let me guess… control is next?”

Last edited by Jang Mi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Yu

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm

He watched her control on the boulder to her it seemed right but was all wrong''Look, It's about control but more on focus, ''You have to be the boulder''Without out even moving a large boulder popped up from the ground and hovered in front of him.

''You have to be the rock,The chi must start from your center separate then flow to your hands as if the rock was your own arms''

''Try Again''he yelled to her watching closely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jang Mi

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Impressive. Jang Mi nodded in the General’s direction, ready for a second attempt.

Slow and steady wins the race. Concentrate, calm the mi - GAH, The effort of moving a stone block off the ground!

Jang Mi concentrated this time, after carefully sidestepping the falling rock. Doing as her master said, started her chi flowing from the inside out. Her instincts told her to grab the hilt of her sword.

No, wait, I have to do it without that... She felt the energy change inside of her. Closing her eyes, she could almost feel every single vibration of the earth, and the way it separated from itself as part of it was being levitated...

When Jang Mi opened her eyes once more, she noticed that both of her hands were raised, and that a boulder was suspended in mid air. A boulder much larger than the one she made before. It startled her, and it crashed back into the ground as her concentration broke.

“Ah. For a second there, I…” Right. She knew what to do now. Determined face: On. She stomped both feet to the ground, and yelled; “Right! I got this! Watch this one!” As she performed the technique again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Yu

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 pm

He rubbed his chin with his thumb, her concentration was off''Ease your mind,control your emotions''He moved around her in circles, his eyes watched her every moment.

''You must be the earth, the earth is your's to have'' he watched her perform another technique but she seemed to grasp it then get to overwhelmed.''Focus''
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jang Mi

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Be the Earth, become the Earth... It was alright bending when she was directly touching the ground. The problem came when Jang Mi had to suspend the stupid thing in the air.

Right. Slowly this time. Jang Mi made a fist with her right hand, then slowly made it rise. She pulled a boulder out from the earth, a little smaller this time, and made it hang for a couple of seconds.

"I... Finally! It stayed put! And to attack..." She punched her fist forwards in front of her, so her arm was straight ahead, and the boulder flew in a straight line. It travelled for about 20 meters before hitting the ground. "It worked! It really did! Master, I did something new today!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Yu

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm

He smiled at her finally getting it a little correct but even if she was still unfocused, she was to excited, He lowered his right fist towards the ground bending his elbow sending Earth of twisted colum from beneath her hitting her across the field.

''Ease your mind, your getting to excited, you think when you hit something your going to sit there and say yes I got it, meanwhile your surronded by men ready to kill? Relax, because youe next task will be more than you can think of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jang Mi

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Jang Mi flipped backwards over the earth column, so that she was now a couple of feet closer to the general.

"Of course, that won't happen! There couldn't possibly be men ready to murder a cute little girl like me. Just look, I'm so innocent and unique looking!" She teased, tossing her silver hair as she did so. Well, her previous life did require her to look out of the ordinary.

And if tossing the boulder wasn't the pinnacle, then what on Earth was? "I'll be practising day and night. All 25 hours of the day, I'll be learning. I'm ready for whatever task you see fit, Master!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Yu

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 am

He clapped his hands three times then moved backwards putting his game face on''Okay, since you got that, Your next task will be much harder''He further inquired''If you can hit me only using the rock levitiation, we will move to are next Task, until you can hit me we will not.

He moved along into his Hung Gar stance and awaited her attacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day's work in Training.   

Back to top Go down

A day's work in Training.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar The Last Airbender RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Omashu-
Jump to: